Thursday, January 6, 2011

Some words on this blog...

So I have really been enjoying doing this blog for the last few months and hope a few people out there appreciate what I share. And of course I thank those who I find out about some of the amazing music out there.

I would also like to apologise for the dropping frequency of posts here. I guess I was excited and had alot of access to the internet when I began, and now I have to put more effort in to do the posts I do. Having the nature politics I do, I really shouldn't spend too much time on the internet, but this indeed is a primary reason for me being on the internet fairly regularly. Though of course I have a permaculture internship that I'm about to start to concentrate on. I will try to keep this blog going as much as I can though, so it's all good.

In regards to the music I post on here, and their politics, I would like to apologise for pretty much not talking much about given band's politics unlike I did towards the beginning of the blog. My justification is simply that many bands that might have really good lyrical themes, often express them in not so overt ways. So if I don't really mention politics, than such lyrics are not so obvious or overt. Whereas if it is, of course I'll mention it. And on top of that, I try to cover as much information as I can about given bands from other sources that I quote, thus making too much more talk on such matter less necessary.

Lastly, something I keep on close eye on while posting on here are the counters (flags and popular posts respectively). It's interesting to see the changes within these, and it's nice to see Corubo is still holding out on all the American bands for the most popular post. However, the flag counter I examine more. I find there is obviously some correlation between the countries of the bands I post, and the countries of the people who most regularly frequent this blog. And of course there's the correlation of this blog being in English and English speaking countries dominating. But what I am really interested in, is the countries that rate high on this flag counter that I'm not aware of having distinct radical environmentalist movements, or even bands that express thus.

Bulgaria anyone (at this rate, they will probably overtake my own country on the flag counter!)?

So of course, anyone from nations (this should be obvious, but I am anti-state and anti-borders) that are not represented here, I'd love you to tell me about projects from your countries that would be good to share here, perhaps even your own.

Okay, I think that's all for now. Thanks for reading, and listening of course.


If you haven't spend any time in the forest lately, maybe you should. It's REAL black metal you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might also like: (under construction...)